3 Ways Automation Enhanced Worker Safety on the Production Floor
Rising shipping and delivery demands require businesses to implement automation solutions that can redefine warehouse operations. This is because the right automation solutions can revolutionize supply chains with real-time visibility and improved productivity, even during labor shortages. Studies indicate that nine in 10 decision-makers expect to seek outside resources to help identify and execute warehouse optimization and automation solutions. Implementing automation solutions can also significantly enhance worker safety, as studies estimate that 84% of decision-makers feel it would be safe to have warehouse associates work alongside robotics solutions. It’s even more important to enhance worker safety during labor shortages, but with increasing challenges for social distancing, real-time alerts, and faster workflows, it’s virtually mandatory. Shortages prevent faster workflows and real-time alerts which causes workforce safety and productivity to decline. To combat this, warehouses are turning to asset tracking solutions like RFID and wireless connectivity solutions.
Ensure safety and productivity with Bar Code Depot and Zebra.
Enhancing safety on the production floor starts with a more connected workforce with real-time visibility into operations. This is achievable by implementing RFID solutions and wireless connectivity solutions. That’s why Bar Code Depot and Zebra partner to bring innovative RFID and wireless connectivity solutions that implement real-time alerts and faster workflows to help ensure worker safety and meet the demands of labor shortages. Bar Code Depot and Zebra’s hands-free technology solutions enhance worker safety on the production floor with…
- Redefined team decision-making and streamlined connectivity – Empowering your production floor with real-time communication access wherever and whenever they help connect the workforce to stay safe. Equip your workers with secured messaging and push-to-talk capabilities that achieve this with Zebra’s Workforce Connect. This solution unifies different departments onto a single platform for easier data access to help them make informed decisions.
- Improved accuracy and visibility with enterprise-class printing – Tracking your assets in real-time with RFID technology helps distributors avoid unnecessary errors and reduce out-of-stocks to improve productivity and safety on the production floor. This can be ensured with reliable label and tag printing options, like Zebra’s ZT600 RFID industrial printers, that deliver real-time data to your workers and help them accurately print and encode RAIN RFID labels, tags, and cards where and when they need to. This helps simplify warehouse management and reduce distribution expenses.
- Reliable data capture capabilities and flexibility – Implementing best-in-class RFID read performance, like Zebra’s MC3330xR RFID reader, helps redefine inventory management with a new level of efficiency and accuracy. Faster capture and an expanded range for reading barcodes help improve social distancing, create smoother workflows, and give workers real-time data access. Empowering a more efficient data capture process with handheld RFID readers boosts safety and productivity on your production floor because workers are more aware of and capable of completing tasks.
Enhance production safety with automation solutions that deliver smoother workflows and real-time data access. Contact Bar Code Depot to keep your workers safe.
The Labor Shortage is Still Impacting the Supply Chain. Here’s what COOs are doing about it:
The supply chain has shifted dramatically in recent years. As higher demands for shipping and warehousing continue to increase 25-50% every year, there is now a 43% turnover rate in the warehouse. Labor shortages prevent the supply chain from adapting to rising shipping demands by slowing workflows and preventing data access. These rising demands and higher turnover rates cost warehouses at least $365,000 a year. Therefore, without solutions that manage these challenges, that number will only continue to rise and cause higher downtime and wasted productivity. To meet higher demands and the still ongoing labor shortage, supply chain COO’s are implementing automation solutions that prioritize adaptability and ease-of-use. The current labor shortage keeps workers tied to mainstream tasks instead of working on more important ones. However, the right automation solutions effectively automate mainstream tasks like data capture to free up workers and create smoother workflows.
Build a powerful and prepared supply chain with Bar Code Depot and Zebra.
Meeting the demands of labor shortages starts with implementing automation solutions that can deliver accurate data capture to help create efficient workflows. Consequently, more decision-makers now gravitate towards systems that improve data access with…
- Enhanced asset tracking and data capture accuracy – Labor shortages cause ineffective asset tracking that costs businesses thousands of dollars annually. Fortunately, you can gain more accurate and enhanced data capture capabilities with Zebra’s ET51 enterprise tablets. Enterprise tablets deliver higher durability, simple mobility, enterprise-class scanning, and a flexible design for your company’s needs. This gives your workers consistent, real-time access to valuable insights for better decision-making and faster workflows. This helps improve productivity even during labor shortages to maintain an accurate inventory and efficient distribution process.
- Reduced expenses through superior reliability – Reducing downtime and labor costs can help minimize the impacts of labor shortages. Purpose-built mobile devices, like Zebra’s MC3300 mobile computers, that come equipped with rugged IP54 sealing and 5 ft. drop specifications can handle challenging environments to reduce downtime and keep workflows smooth. Rugged devices also ensure that workers are equipped with the technology they need to complete important tasks.
- Higher RFID label and tag printing accuracy – More distributors are turning to RFID technology that can help avoid unnecessary errors and empower insight into business operations. Enhanced data insight into supply chain workflows can help speed up operations to minimize errors and improve productivity, which minimizes labor shortage challenges. This can be achieved with reliable label and tag printing options, like Zebra’s ZT600 RFID industrial printers, that accurately print and encode RAIN RFID labels, tags, and cards where and when workers need to, which empowers supply chains with consistent real-time data access.
Supply chains suffering from the impacts of labor shortages can reduce errors and labor costs with the right technology. Contact Bar Code Depot for reliable automation solutions that help maximize your distribution operations.
Shipping demands and labor turnover rates continue to rise.
Streamline accuracy and reduce labor costs with Bar Code Depot and Zebra’s innovative automation solutions.