The Zebra DS3608 Scanner is one of the toughest, most flexible products on the scanner market right now. With the ability to capture standard and wide 1D and 2D barcodes at extraordinary ranges, the DS3608 is a high-quality product that maximizes productivity.
If you actively use this particular barcode scanner, you can encounter a variety of technical or logistical challenges while using or setting up the Zebra scanner.
Here are some solutions to the most common scanner problems consumers may face.
- Short Life Span. If you find your scanner starts acting up shortly after its initial use, one fundamental component to check is which chemicals your scanner may be coming into contact with.As a general rule, here is a list of common products and chemicals to avoid when using your Zebra scanner:
- Alcoholic solutions
- Ammonia solutions
The same rule applies for cleaning products used for the scanner’s screen. Here are some approved cleaning agents for the Zebra scanner:
- Pre-moistened wipes
- Isopropyl alcohol 70%
- Dirty Exit Window. Failing to clean and maintain your scanner will affect its quality, efficiency, and productivity. If you find your machine lacking in any of these areas, you may want to routinely begin cleaning the exit window and all other screening areas.To do so, dampen a soft cloth with one of the approved cleaning agents, gently wipe all surfaces making sure to get in between all the triggers, and leave to air dry.
- Aiming Pattern Does Not Appear When Pressing Trigger. If this issue occurs, it may be due to several reasons: loose power cables, disabled aiming pattern setting, incorrect host cable is used, or a lack of power source to the actual digital scanner.To fix this issue, you can try several solutions:
- Make sure your scanner is connected to a power source
- Re-connect the cables
- Enable the aiming pattern in settings
- Re-connect the power supply
- Scanner Does Not Decode the Barcode. A lack of decoding the barcode may be occurring if your scanner is not programmed to the correct barcode type, the distance between the scanner and barcode is incorrect, or the barcode symbol is unreadable.To troubleshoot this, try scanning some test barcodes, reprogramming the scanner to read the barcode, or moving the scanner closer or farther away from the barcode distance wise.
- Scanner Emits Low / High / Low Beeps. This may indicate an issue with the ADF transmit error or an invalid ADF rule being detected. To solve, refer to the ADF guide for more information.
- Scanner Emits 4 Short High Beeps When Scanning. This may occur when the scanner is not fully initialized yet. Try waiting several seconds and scanning again.
Zebra Scanner User Guide
The aforementioned challenges are among the most common for Zebra scanner users.
Bar Code Depot
If your scanner has physical damage or a problem not listed above, we offer free evaluations. We can give you an accurate assessment on what your scanner needs to be working like new again. Feel free to contact us anytime at 706-654-9090 or at email@example.com . We look forward to serving you!